The following Rental Terms & Conditions are applicable to vehicle rentals with Kea / Britz only. These conditions are not applicable to relevant the camping / accommodation itinerary booked.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CAMPERVAN, MOTORHOMES & 4WD CAMPER RENTALS FROM 01 NOVEMBER 2014 - 31 OCTOBER 2015
Standard Rates include:
- 14% VAT (Value Added Tax) in South Africa and 15% in Namibia
- Standard Excess Insurance Cover R/N$45 000 excess
- Administration and Credit Card Fees
- Unlimited kilometres
- All living, kitchen & sleeping equipment
- Full water tank and gas bottle(s)
- Vehicle cleaning & grooming fee
- Nationwide 24/7 road side assistance & phone help-line
- Fold Out Maps on applicable Southern Africa country visiting, with list of Caravan Parks in Southern Africa
- Airport / Hotel Transfers (Within 25kms from depots)
- Additional Driver (Max 2) See charges below for additional
Minimum Rental Duration and Costings
Minimum rental period: 7 days. Vehicle rentals are calculated on a per calendar day basis, i.e. day of pick-up or drop off is always counted as a full day irrespective of what time it is collected or dropped off. If booking falls into two seasons, then rates are charged on the first season rate of pick up.
- Hires over 50-74 days 5% Discount on 28-49 Day Rate.
- Hires over 75-99 days 10% Discount on 28-49 Day Rate.
- Hires over 100+ days 15% Discount on 28-49 Day Rate.
Rental Locations (Vehicle collection & return)
South Africa: Johannesbur / Cape Town
Office Hours: Rental Locations
- Mondays to Fridays (includin public holidays) - 08:00 to 16:30 / Saturdays - 08:00 to 13:00
- Weekends (Saturdays from 13:00 to 16:00 and Sundays from 08:00 to 16:00) - surcharge of ZAR 500 per pick up or drop off
Late returns will be charged on a per day basis. All branches are closed 25 December (Christmas Day).
Vehicle collection will take approx. 2-3 hours, depending on the questions asked and client feedback. This involves a thorough explanation and demonstration of the vehicle and its equipment. Please note: Should there be any problems with the vehicle whilst in your care, please advise THR SA within 24 hours, we will not be held liable or compensate for any time lost if the problem is only reported to us on drop off.
When bringing the vehicle back, an hour should be set aside in order for vehicle / equipment to be checked. All vehicles must be returned with a full fuel tank. Refuelling at our depot will be charged at ZAR/N$ 2.00 per litre above the current price of fuel. Vehicles should be returned clean, in order for the vehicle check in to be done. An excessively dirty vehicle will be charged a cleaning fee of R/N$1000.00. Toilet Cassette and Waste Water tank in the motorhomes should be emptied and returned clean, or a R/N$1000.00 cleaning fee shall be charged.
One Way Fees - please contact the office for details!
Licence and Minimum Age
A valid national driver licence is required. Non-English language national driving licences must be presented in conjunction with an official translation or valid international drivers licence. The minimum age is 21 years -maximum 85 years. A Handling Fee of R/N$250.00 shall be charged on all traffic fines.
E Toll Policy
For all pick and returns in Johannesburg ZAR150 will be billed.
Standard Excess Policy
All KEA Campers vehicles come with comprehensive waiver cover. A standard excess of R/N$45,000.00 applies in the event of any damage to either our vehicle or third party property. The renter will also be fully liable for replacing or repairing damaged windscreens and tyres. A security bond of R/N$45,000.00 will be taken on vehicle collection. The security bond can be paid by credit card. Should the bond be paid by credit card the amount will be deducted and will be returned subject to the return of the vehicle to the agreed location, on the agreed date, with no damage incurred to the THR SA vehicle or third party property and the toilet cassette has been emptied and no items are lost or damaged. THR SA are not responsible for any currency fluctuations that may occur in the above transaction.
THR SA offer the following two (2) options to reduce or waive the Standard Excess:
Excess Reduction 1 : Excess Reduction 1 at R/N$ 150.00 per day will reduce the excess for any damage to either vehicle or third party property to a maximum of R/N$ 20,000.00. The renter, however, will be fully liable for replacing or repairing damaged windscreens, radio theft, Recovery costs, Replacement costs, clutch damage and tyres. The bond of R/N$ 20,000.00 can be paid by credit card. Should the bond be paid by credit card the amount will be deducted and returned to the client upon the return of the vehicle to the agreed location, on the agreed date, with no damage incurred to the THR SA or third party property and the toilet cassette has been emptied and no items are lost or damaged.
In case of any damage to the THR SA vehicle or third party property a second bond will be collected to cover the excess for any subsequent damage.
All Inclusive Rate: An All Inclusive rate at R/N$ 280.00 per day will waive the excess for any vehicle and third party property damage and the cost of replacing or repairing of windscreens and tyres (including repairs), radio theft and recovery costs. A security deposit of R/N$2,500.00 is payable at the time of pickup to ensure that the vehicle is returned to the agreed location, on the agreed date in clean condition and with the toilet cassette and waste water tank has been emptied and no items are lost or damaged.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SINGLE VEHICLE ACCIDENT IS INCLUDED IN ALL WAIVER OPTIONS, APPLICABLE EXCESS SHALL APPLY
Clutch replacement or damage due to client negligence is not covered with any of the waiver options. THR SA allows an allowance of up to three days after vehicle collection where the costs are the responsibility of THR SA.
A handling fee of R500.00 is charged on all claims irrespective of the waiver option taken.
All vehicles are supplied with equipment (unless otherwise agreed upon). Our waiver options do not cover any equipment supplied to you. Any loss or damage to the equipment including items such as fridges, compressors, tents etc. will be charged to your credit card.
The renter is fully liable for any damage to the THR SA vehicle or third party property if:
- The terms of the rental contract are breached.
- Damages sustained whilst the renter/driver is in breach of any traffic laws or ordinances.
- Damage to the vehicle which is caused by careless, wilful or reckless driving.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving on restricted roads.
- Water submersion or salt water damage.
- The vehicle was driven in a country in which written approval was not obtained from KEA.
- Damage to undercarriage.
- Incorrect use of diff locks and/or transfer cases, i.e. driving on tar roads with diffs engaged.
Please Note: A replacement vehicle will only be dispatched once payment of all damages / recovery costs to the first vehicle is made. THR SA reserves the right to withhold a replacement vehicle; this does not entitle the client to any claims against THR SA.
By law all accidents must be reported to THR SA and the Local Police within 24 hours. Failing to report accidents may void all insurance cover and the Hirer becomes fully liable for all costs.
- If the rental vehicle is involved in an accident or is not driveable due to mechanical
- breakdown, a replacement vehicle, may be collected from the closest branch.
- If the hirer requires a replacement vehicle to be delivered, then these charges will be for the hirers account.
- The hirer is responsible for the recovery of the damaged vehicle to the original rental branch.
- If the hirer is unable to take a replacement vehicle, no refunds for early termination of the contract will be considered.
- No refund of rental days lost will be considered during the period in which a replacement vehicle is being replaced.
- Should the hirer continue with a replacement vehicle then a new rental contract and insurance conditions will apply.
- Should a replacement be needed due to a fault on THR SA’S side we will replace the vehicle within 24 hours in South Africa and 48 hrs outside of South Africa.
Campers/Motorhomes can only be driven on sealed, bitumen and gravel roads in SOUTH AFRICA, SWAZILAND and LESOTHO only. In the case of group tours with Campervans & Motorhomes THR SA will consider confirming the booking by pre approving the route in which these vehicles shall be driven. 4WD Campers are allowed to be driven on public bitumen / tar roads as well as on public recognized 4x4 tracks in Botswana, Mozambique (Up to Vilanculous only), Namibia, South Africa, Zambia (Up to Livingstone only) and Zimbabwe. Special permission is required from THR SA for travelling further than the areas mentioned and for use in other countries. If permission is granted by THR SA a disclaimer document needs to be signed by the client on pick up of his vehicle. No Entry allowed into Malawi and Tanzania. A one off cross border fee of R500.00 applies for cross border documentation into Botswana, Lesotho, Mocambique, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Swaziland.
Repairs of up to R/N$ 1,000.00 may be affected without authorisation and will be reimbursed. Amounts above R/N$ 1,000.00 require approval from THR SA on-road assistance.
All THR SA and NA vehicles have a tracking device installed in them. Tracking can be monitored in all Southern Africa destinations allowed by THR SA.
The hirer is liable for all fines and penalties in relation to the driver's use of the vehicle or the vehicle itself incurred during the rental period plus an administration fee of ZAR/N$250 for each infringement or penalty notice that has been redirected by THR SA to the hirer.
Additional Equipment and charges
To be booked at time of reservation and payable on vehicle collection.
|Umbrella||ZAR / N$ 200 per hire (included in All Inclusive)|
|Baby / Child Seat||ZAR / N$ 200 per hire (included in All Inclusive)|
|Contract Fee||ZAR / N$ 100 per hire|
|Border Documentation||ZAR / N$ 500 per hire|
|Additional Driver||ZAR / N$ 200 per hire|
|Weekend Surcharge||ZAR / N$ 500 per pick up or drop off|
|Etoll / Admin Fee||ZAR / N$ 150 per hire|
|Satelite Phone||On request|
|GPS||ZAR / N$ 50 per day|
Change of Vehicle
If, for reasons beyond our control, the reserved vehicle is not available, we reserve the right to substitute a comparable or superior vehicle at no extra cost to the client. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the renter to any form of refund.
All charges include 14% VAT in South Africa and 15% in Namibia. All rates and conditions are subject to change in accordance with changes in government taxes.
Any claims or legal action in connection with the provision of our services to the client will be governed by the laws of South Africa/Namibia. Any claim or legal action against the suppliers is likely to be subject to the terms and conditions of our contract with them.
Rates and conditions may be subject to change. Whilst including the same facilities, some campers may have different layouts to those shown. All measurements and volumes shown are approximate. The information provided is subject to change without notice.